Friday, April 13, 2012

Embarrassing Experience


Holiday is when we have not any lessons in the school for particular time because of certain condition. Usually we get the holiday after final examination or religious events, for instance, Idul fitri. Almost people said that holiday is about how we get new experience. Sometimes it can be good, interesting, amazing  and enjoyfull experience. But some people have bad, annoying, worrying and embarrasing experience. I have unforgettable experience when five years ago I got my first trip to my hometown alone.
Balikpapan is my hometown but I have been getting education in Java island. I got my first trip to Balikpapan when I was in first grade of Senior High School. I went home once a year on Ramadhan holiday. I bought a first flight ticket three days before departure date. The flight was about 06.00 a.m. At the departure date, I arrived in Juanda Airport at 05.00 a.m. I came in Airport and checked point directly. All process of checked point should be done until 05.15 a.m. An official asked me to show my ID card. I opened my pocket to find my ID card, but I got nothing. I was very panic at that time because I lost my ID card that would be used in registration. The official asked me to notify this uncompleteness registration to the Chief of Airport. Without hearing the official’s direction about the location of the Chief’s room, I ran and ran immediately in crowd of Airport. Then I realized something when I was looking out my watch. Oh shit! It was 05.15 a.m. I had to discharge that registration in a very short period of time, in the fact that I must be in a waiting room at 05.30 a.m. It was very difficult in finding out the room in crowd of Airport without the direction. That really got on my nerve! I could not think or see clearly bacause of my dizziness. Suddenly when I thought I will give up, one of the official came to me and showed the way to the Chief’s room. Fifteen minutes later I found the room. I came in directly to see the Chief. Then I told the problem to him, but he did not say anything. Then I asked him “Excuse me sir, are you ok? Could you decide something now because it is 05.30 a.m. and I have the first flight”. He kept silence for awhile then said “You will be left by the aircraft if you do not recheck your wallet”. Then I opened my wallet again and God! I got my ID card in the little pocket. I forgot that I saved it there. I said sorry and thanked to him.
That was the most embarrassing and unforgettable experience in my holiday when I went away alone to my hometown with my carelessness in preparation. I realize that we have to be careful in anything to avoid such kind of embarrassing trip in holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment