Friday, April 13, 2012

First Year in University


Being a new student of university  is very fantastic thing. A New school means new friends, places, uniforms, condition, subjects, experiences and also problems. People should know the new place where they are standing on. They try to assimilate into all new things in a new place by introduction. The introduction sometimes is very unique, interesting and impressive. I think I have an impressive introduction in my first year in Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University.
I began my study in university by entering a boarding school. In the first year of university, all new students had to stay in a boarding school that we called dormitory. I entered the dormitory on Ramadhan (an Islamic rule when Muslims have to fast for a month) 2010. I remember looking for my room alone in a very big and quiet building. I carried my big suitcase by myself from first floor to third floor of faza dormitory and walked along the path to find my room. In the end of path, I stopped my step. I checked my bag then immediately realized that I did not bring my room number with me. I totally gave up because neither clue nor people I knew were there. I was confused whether I had to go back to the first floor or just stayed there. Finally, I decided to sit on the floor and waited for a miracle that could show me the room. About ten minutes later, there was a tall masculine girl with a bigger suitcase than mine in her left hand seemed to come to me. She passed me and stood in front of a room next to me. I watched her when she was unlocking the door; until then, I realized a card with my photo in her right hand. I stopped her to ask about the card “I am sorry, I feel I know the card that you are carrying. Where did you find it anyway?” She looked at me then the card “Oh I found it on the first floor and I brought it because I looked the owner is my roommate. I think someone has fallen it down and, wait! It seems the girl in the photo is you right? Hey, nice to see you. My name is Betty.” We shook hand then came in the room to wait for the other roommates. After we were complete, we had a gathering to know each other. We talked much, had some jokes, laughed, smiled, took photos, made a rule for all members of room and prayed together. While we were sitting, Betty immediately stood and said “Ok if everybody is here let’s get the ball rolling. We have to tidy up our room right?” Even though we were tired and getting hungry, we did it together happily.  We all have been being best friends for two years and ever after.
My first year in University is very impressive. Finding out my room alone in a big dormitory without any clue then meeting the friendliest roommates in the world is really unforgettable for me. I think we need this kind of introduction to meet many good people and make big relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment