Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The lovely fallen leaves


Rubbish or trash is not always annoying thing in our life because sometimes it brings benefit for us. For instance, some plastic trash, unused paper, other unused utensils, even dry leaves trash can be changed into used stuff, for the fact that some handmade products are from trash. Besides, using trash to produce something is such kind of effective activity. Changing trash into a used thing rather than burning it helps to reduce air and eyes pollution besides for economical activity. For that fact, automatically we create a fascinating cycle of producing and using trash. I am very happy to have fallen leaves trash in a dry season.
In dry season two years ago, I decided to spend my holiday in my grandmother’s house that had a broad yard being grown by any kinds of tree. Automatically, in the dry season, grandmother would have so many fallen leaves spread on the whole yard. On one morning of the dry season, I woke up earlier, then immediately went to a nearest bathroom from my room, took wudlu, and went out back to my room to pray morning. Thirty minutes after finishing that obligatory activity, I looked out from a window of my room, and was surprised by the view outside. God!! That was my second duty. The fallen leaves spread anywhere, and covered the whole yard. I thought every day would be the bad day during that dry season for thousands leaves fell every morning. I took much air into my lungs, and exhaled it lazily when I was walking out to the yard. I could not imagine how to clean up the entire yard alone with a broom of split coconut midribs. I took the broom then swung it lazily from one side to another side of the yard collecting the leaves. Sometimes, I did it by sang a song or shouted “aarrgh!” repeatedly as my protest to nature, for the season occurred when I was being alone. Even my cousins who could help me were not in home. Hearing my shout, my grandmother and grandfather came out to watch me without any sound existed. Continuing my shout, I said “what the fucking rubbish!” And I did several silly movements like moved my hip left and right until a peal of laughter suddenly existed. I was very surprised when I was looking back through my right shoulder, and caught both of them were laughing at me. Immediately I was embarrassed; I said sorry and promised to finish my work seriously. My grandmother stopped laughing to walk toward me. She took another broom and a very big dustbin; she put the dustbin in a corner of the yard then continued sweeping the leaves. Grandmother collected almost all leaves in the corner of the yard, and put it into the dustbin. After that, she dragged the dustbin to a kitchen where there was a hearth being used to cook. I followed her to the kitchen, and I was completely stupefied by what she did. Indulging my curiosity about the thing she did, I directly asked her “What did you do grandma?” She looked at me and said “This is an economical measure, dear. We use the rubbish as a fuel. Does not it effective enough?” I looked at her for two seconds, and smiled to her “So we are thankful that it is dry season right?” She just smiled to me then we continued working. Since that moment, I have been being happy in every dry season.
Having much rubbish or trash sometimes was very wonderful, for its benefit that we realized related to an economical reason. Even fallen leaves trash that almost all of us hated to, could be used as a fuel. Sometimes we need to change unused thing into the used one for saving life by the economical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment