Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Speaking II Class


Speaking is the most important subject among the other subjects in English Language and Literature department. Every student of English department has to dominate in speaking English as his or her identity.
Speaking II was the most challenging subject in third semester. Every meeting, the lecturer had vocabularies that we used rarely. Even we have not known yet of the vocabularies. Everybody had to find an article before the class, read and interpreted the contents of the article. In the class we had a discussion. A student, who was chosen as a speaker, came in front of class to present the article. After that, other students would ask some questions that related to the contents to the speaker or declared a disagreement. While the discussion was going, the lecturer would correct pronunciations of the words that we said. The subject also showed vocabularies in any formal conversations. Not only the subject, but also the lecturer showed students many expressions or sometimes slang language. Those were such unfamiliar vocabularies that I felt very nervous to use them in the class. That really gave me more benefits.
From speaking class I learnt many good things. I knew how to communicate in a good way by using polite words, I knew how to respect each other by listening carefully when other people presented something, I learnt how to have a good discussion in a class by making it went as effective as possible and I got more about western cultures by their way of speaking. I though those all had several effects on me.
Being in speaking class, several change happened on me. I often used English in any conversations even out of class and with whoever. I was also interested on the using of slang language in every conversation with my friends.
Speaking class really gives more contributions for us as students of English department in improvement of speaking. I think it is better if we are not absent from the class because every meeting is so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment